Financial Safety Tips for Travel
- Carry at least two chip-enabled debit or credit cards with you so you have a backup.
- Know your card limits.
- Let your bank and credit card companies know in advance if you plan to travel out of the area so when they see a transaction from halfway around the world, or the country, they don’t deny it assuming your card was stolen.
- Document your card numbers and the toll-free numbers to call should you need to report a lost or stolen card. Keep this information in a safe place separate from your cards.
- Don’t wait for your monthly statement to review transactions. Use NetTeller Online Banking to set up transaction alerts and monitor activity with our free mobile app. Remember, as long as you notify your bank or card provider of suspicious transactions in a timely manner, you won’t be responsible for any fraudulent transactions.
- Use only ATMs that are very visible and always check them thoroughly to see if it looks like the card slot has been tampered with.