Stay updated on the latest fraud alerts and scams to avoid becoming a victim of fraud or identity theft.
PA Bankers Association Offers Identity Theft Protection Tips to Consumers This Holiday Season
As the holiday shopping season begins, the Pennsylvania Bankers Association (PA Bankers) is offering tips to help consumers proactively protect their information from the threat of identity theft.
The Equifax Data Breach: What to Do
A huge security breach at credit reporting company Equifax has exposed sensitive information, such as Social Security numbers and addresses, of up to 143 million Americans.
Credit Card Breach at Kmart Stores. Again.
For the second time in less than three years, Kmart Stores is battling a malware-based security breach of its store credit card processing systems.
Protecting Small Businesses
The Federal Trade Commission launched a new website devoted to protecting small businesses. The online resource aims to help business owners avoid scams, protect their computers and networks, and keep their customers' and employees' data safe.
Fast Food Chain Arby's Acknowledges Breach
IRS, States and Tax Industry Renew Alert about Form W-2 Scam Targeting Payroll, Human Resource Departments
- Safe Online Banking — Online Banking, Data Security & You
- Account Hijacking & Identity Theft
- OnGuard Online
- Don't Become an Online Victim
- FTC Credit Reports
- National Do Not Call Registry
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Identity Theft Hotline Toll-free 877-IDTHEFT (438-4338)
- Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)
- First Gov (Your First Click to the U.S. Government) Toll-free 1-800-333-4636
- Social Security Administration Report Fraud 800-269-0271
- Identity Theft Resource Center 858-693-7935
- U.S. Postal Inspectors 800-372-8347
Financial Abuse Resources for Seniors
- 5 Ways to Spot a Lottery Scam
- Don't Fall Victim to the Grandparent Scam
- 14 Red Flags for Elder Financial Abuse
- 7 Tips to Help Older Adults Choose the Right Caregiver
- Report Fraud: 800-525-6285
- Order a Credit Report: 800-685-1111
- Report Fraud: 888-397-3742
- Order a Credit Report: 888-397-3742
- Report Fraud: 800-680-7289
- Order a Credit Report: 800-916-8800
Debit Card Security
FRAUD - it's everywhere.
This extra level of security protects your identity by ensuring you are the person behind the purchase!
While making purchases online, you may be prompted for a special and unique one-time password to complete your purchase. This instant password will be sent to you via text message. Simply enter the password on your screen and continue with your purchase.
What if you don’t have a cell phone? Well, then the system will ask you knowledge-based questions to verify your identity. For example, you could be asked to provide your address, zip code or birthdate.
We are confident this extra layer of security will help keep our valued customers safe when they choose to make purchases online with their debit card. As always, if you ever have questions about your debit card transactions or this new security measure, please stop by any First Citizens branch, or give us a call at (800) 326-9486.