To ensure our long-term survival as a highly successful independent community bank by consistently exceeding customer expectations, cultivating effective employees, delivering superior shareholder value and exhibiting social responsibility and good citizenship.
I. Exceeding Customer Expectations
- Make every customer feel significant - Effectively execute on our core service standards.
- Market to a Segment of One - Segment customers and use a variety of methods to continuously identify their needs and priorities, their satisfaction with our ability to meet those needs and their loyalty to First Citizens.
- Identify and reward loyal customers.
II. Cultivate Effective Employees - Great Service comes from Great Employees
Provide employees with the knowledge, skills and motivation to perform consistently well. First Citizens Community Bank is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. All employees are expected to exhibit conduct that reflects inclusion during work, at work functions on or off the work site, and at all other company-sponsored and participative events.
- Ensure Integrity at the Top – People don't follow a person they don't trust.
- Create a fun-filled, passionate work environment.
- Consistently hire the best and the brightest.
- Train them well.
- Empower them with the authority to solve customer problems and reward customer loyalty.
- Respect Them.
- Reward Them – Understand what motivates employees, create an environment for them to motivate themselves, and reward desired positive behavior in a timely manner.
III. Deliver Superior Shareholder Value
- Provide a return on equity that consistently exceeds our peers and meets shareholder expectations.
- Operate and manage the bank in a cost efficient manner which contributes to the overall financial performance without sacrificing customer service and satisfaction.
- Identify, assess and monitor all risks of the bank in such a manner that allows us to maximize returns within our accepted risk tolerance levels.
IV. Exhibit Social Responsibility and Good Citizenship
- Answer the Call - Be proactive in contributing knowledge, skills, time and money to organizations within our community who impact its economic and social vitality.
- Encourage Employee Participation - Support and encourage employee involvement in schools, community groups, professional associations and charities.
- Be a leader and role model for other organizations.