The uncertainty surrounding the Coronavirus has placed families and businesses in emotional and financial situations they never imagined. The health and wellbeing of our employees, customers and families are driving our daily decisions as we continue to monitor updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state and federal government agencies for guidance. Guidelines from these organizations are constantly changing, and in response, we will continue to adjust our business practices to balance the health and safety of our employees and customers, with the need for banking services. As such, we recently introduced a Coronavirus Relief Program.
We at First Citizens hope and pray that you and your families remain safe during this time of such great uncertainty. Please remember to reach out to your First Citizens banker if you have any questions or concerns. We’ve always been by your side, helping you solve your problems. We are here for you now, and will be here for you in the future.
Relief Programs Available to Customers Impacted by COVID-19
We have created this FCCB COVID-19 Payment Relief Program for FCCB business and consumer loan customers.
- Late Fees: Late fees for payments due in March and April on any First Citizens consumer or business loan will be waived.
- For Consumers
- 60-day interest only payment options
- 60-day payment deferral options
- For Commercial and Small Businesses
- 120-day interest only/deferral payment options if your business is in the hospitality industry
- 60-day interest only/deferral payment options for non-hospitality industry businesses
- The borrower must provide documentation of application made to the Small Business Administration (SBA) for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan or a similar state or local government program as they may be established.
- Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) Rate Special for FCCB Mortgage and Home Equity Customers*
- 1.99% APR* for 12 months.
- This product is for new money only and is not available for refinancing an existing loan.
- First Citizens Credit Cards – From April 1 through May 31, 2020, our credit card provider will offer a Skip-a-Pay option for impacted cardholders. Please call (800) 883-0131 to discuss the Skip Pay offer or to obtain an increase in your credit line.
- CD Early Withdrawal Penalties are being waived until May 1, 2020 for any customer who is financially impacted by the Coronavirus and may need funds for living expenses. For safety reasons, we recommend you deposit these funds into your checking or savings account as an alternative to taking cash.
SBA Announces Paycheck Protection Program for Coronavirus Relief
The Small Business Administration (SBA) announced on Friday a new program called Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) that has been developed to assist small businesses impacted by the Coronavirus. Information you should know if listed below:
- Banks have been identified as the processing channel for these loans.
- The SBA introduced the application on March 31, 2020 which is attached for you to complete. Also attached is information we believe is a good representation of what is involved in the program and the necessary documents you will need to provide for loan approval.
- At this time, the SBA has yet to inform banks on how to handle the applications. However, we are providing the application and additional information now so you can begin to gather the necessary documents and submit your completed application and supporting documents to your lender immediately. Once banks receive instructions on how to handle completed applications, we will begin processing.
A list of Small Business Development Center contacts can be found at https://pasbdc.org/centers.
- US Chamber of Commerce CARES ACT summary
- Paycheck Protection Program Borrower Information Fact Sheet
- Borrower Paycheck Protection Program Application
- Payment Loan Tool
- Pay Worksheet
Adjustments to Operating Hours
All FCCB branches are open in one form or another. At this time, using our drive-up banking lanes are the preferred option for your safety and ours. Any office that has drive-up banking will continue their normal hours at the drive-up. All of our offices have limited lobby hours. Please click here to see our current office hours by branch location.
Digital Banking Options
- NetTeller Online Banking allows you to check balances and transactions, and make transfers and loan payments from your computer, laptop or smartphone. Make deposits right from your smartphone with Mobile Deposit. If you are not currently enrolled in NetTeller, please call 800-326-9486 to enroll.
- ATMs are available 24-7 for withdrawals, deposits, transfers and balance inquiries.
- Automated Bank by Phone – Call (888) 457-3262 for balances, transactions, and to make transfers and pay your loan. It’s easy to set up. Enrollment directions can be found on our digital banking page.
- Apply for Home Equity or Mortgage loans online, and begin the checking and savings account opening process online as well.
Safety and Access of your Deposits
- Your money is insured by the FDIC. Deposits with an FDIC-insured bank will continue to be protected up to at least $250,000. The FDIC has a number of deposit insurance resources to help customers determine their deposit insurance coverage. All can be found at www.fdic.gov or by calling 877-275-3342.
- The currency needs of banking customers will continue to be met by the Federal Reserve System and we will continue to ensure that you have access to funds either directly or electronically.
Reliable Sources of Information
Common COVID-19 Scams and Fraud
Fraudsters never sleep and are using the fear and uncertainty of the Coronavirus to their advantage. Don’t get caught in one of these scams.
- Phishing and Supply Scams - Scammers impersonate health organizations and businesses to gather personal and financial information or sell fake test kits, supplies, vaccines or cures for COVID-19.
- Stimulus Check or Economic Relief Scams – The government will soon be issuing payments as part of the Stimulus Package to help ease the economic impact of the virus. However, the government will NOT ask for a fee to receive the funds, nor will they ask for your personal or account information.
- Charity Scams - Fraudsters seek donations for illegitimate or non-existent organizations related to the virus.
- Delivery of Malware - Through “virus-tracking apps” or sensationalized news reports.
- Provider Scams - Scammers impersonate doctors and hospital staff and contact victim claiming to have treated a relative or friend for COVID-19 and demand payment for treatment.
- Bank/FDIC Scams - Scammers impersonate FDIC or bank employees and falsely claim that banks are limiting access to deposits or that there are security issues with bank deposits.
- Investment Scams- Often styled as “research reports,” claiming that products or services of publicly traded companies can prevent, detect, or cure COVID-19.
- Visit the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center at www.ic3.gov to report suspected or confirmed scams.
What We’re Doing
- We have discontinued business travel to events and all in-person group meetings within the bank. Employee meetings will be held virtually or by phone.
- Many of our employees who can work remotely are doing so from the safety of their homes.
- We have separated our branch and support department teams across the company in an attempt to reduce the impact of the virus on the staff. If one team is directly or indirectly impacted by the virus, the second team will step in. Because of this change, you may notice a reduction of in-branch staff.
- Comprehensive cleaning and sanitization protocols are in place for all of our facilities, especially high touch surfaces such as ATMs.
- We are adding sneeze guards to our teller lines and hand sanitizer and gloves are available throughout the company.
*The 1.99% APR will be valid for 12 months. After 12 months, the rate will adjust to 3.99% APR or Prime Rate, whichever is higher. The loan must be the 2nd mortgage behind a First Citizens 1st Mortgage. To qualify, borrow must have a credit score of 700 or better. Maximum Loan to Value for a credit score of 700 is 80% and for a score of 750 or better, the Loan to Value is 85%. Credit Score under 700 will not qualify for this promotion. Payroll direct deposit into a First Citizens account or payroll stubs from the month of February may be utilized to satisfy income eligibility and proof of employment.