A simple philosophy can lead a company to great rewards. Treat your customers, your employees, and your communities with respect and you will earn their loyalty. Our strategy has never been about selling products, but instead about finding ways to help make life more rewarding for our customers. Just ask them!
For two years in a row, we were voted the number one Bank in Pennsylvania by our customers for trust and satisfaction.
In a Forbes nationwide customer survey, financial institutions were rated on overall recommendations and satisfaction, as well as trust, terms and conditions, branch services, digital services, and financial advice. First Citizens ranked in a top position two years in a row. This honor isn’t about financial performance, but instead recognizes us for taking care of our customers and their families, which is what being a Community Bank is all about. Our employees make the difference! This recognition is about them and for that we thank them for this distinction. We believe happy customers are a key component of the community-banking standard. In fact, according to a 2016 American Bankers Association study, Community Banks notched the highest customer satisfaction scores. They consistently earned the highest scores for courtesy and helpfulness, and respondents said they were more satisfied with the call center experience they experienced at Community Banks.
Our vision at First Citizens is to remain a highly successful, independent community bank. We remain honored and humbled by the recognition we receive for our efforts.
- Voted the Best in State Bank by our customers in a Forbes survey in 2018 and 2019.
- Ranked one of the top-performing community banks in the Nation for 13 consecutive years by American Banker.
- Recognized as one of the top Ag Lending Banks in the Nation, one of only two headquartered in Pennsylvania.
- Consistently awarded 5-star ratings from Bauer Financial, Inc., an organization that analyzes the financial condition of banks in our Nation.
- The FFIEC ranked First Citizens as the top lender among our market competitors in Tioga, Bradford and Potter counties for both Small Business and Agriculture. In fact, in all three counties, we helped more farmers than our local competitors combined.
Our roots go back to 1872 when Andrew Ross and Philip Williams opened the first bank in Mansfield, PA, the Ross and Williams Bank. After numerous mergers and acquisitions, we've grown to over $1.90 billion in assets. We're still headquartered in Mansfield, PA, and currently operate 31 offices throughout Tioga, Bradford, Potter, Clinton, Centre, Union, Lebanon, Lancaster, Schuylkill, Berks, and Chester counties in Pennsylvania, Allegany County, New York, and New Castle and Kent Counties in Delaware.
Why Bank with First Citizens
We provide customers with the ability to own a home, send their children to college, and retire in a lifestyle to which they are accustomed. We provide loans to small businesses and municipalities, keeping jobs local and business communities healthy. And, we support our communities through economic contributions and the civic involvement of our employees.
What’s our Secret?
- Consistently Exceeding Customer Expectations - Exceeding Customer Expectations is our competitive advantage. This means making every customer feel significant by proactively understanding their needs and finding solutions to improve their lives. Small Business Lending is something we do well, keeping jobs local and business communities healthy. And our support of the agricultural community is second to none with an Ag Team who has over 350 combined years as farmers and Ag Bankers — a rare combination in any industry.
- Cultivating Effective Employees - Employee Engagement is crucial to customer satisfaction, which we believe drives financial performance. Customer surveys reveal 99% of new borrowers would refer us to a family member or friend. And our customers ranked our employees above average for professionalism, product knowledge, and true concern for their customers. We hire the best, train them well, empower them with the authority to solve customer problems and reward them for their hard work and loyalty.
- Exhibiting Social Responsibility and Good Citizenship - Investment in the community is important to our vision. We have a long history of contributing knowledge, skills, time and money to improve the economic and social vitality of the communities we serve. And, our employees do too! Over the last 5 years, we’ve contributed over $1 million to education, youth, health care, agriculture, and community development.