Check Recovery Services
How Does Re$ubmitIt® Work?
Electronic check recovery service handles the collection process electronically from beginning to end, via the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network for re-presentment directly to the check writer's bank account.
- Returned checks are sent from First Citizens Community Bank to Re$ubmitIt®, where eligible checks are converted into electronic items for re-presentment to the check writer's bank account for collection.
- The electronic check file is processed and strategically timed for re-presentation. Presenting checks at proven "smart dates" improves the chance of collection.
- If the item is not recovered on the first electronic re-presentment, it is re-cued for a second electronic re-presentment (third total). If this third presentment fails, the check can be sent to Re$ubmitIt's FREE secondary collections, or the check can be sent back to you.
- Upon settlement, 100% of the face value of the check is reimbursed to you automatically. The check writer's account is charged a state-regulated collection fee to cover the cost of collection.
To be Eligible for Electronic Recovery, a Returned Check Must:
- Be a personal check to a business (not a business-to-business)
- Be under $2,500
- Be less than 180 days old from date of transaction
- Cannot have been already submitted twice, either electronically or by paper draft
Returned items that are less than $2,500 and ineligible for electronic re-presentments are re-submitted to the check writer's account as a paper draft, subject to eligibility requirements. Items equal to or greater than $2,500, are not eligible for Re$ubmitIt services.
If you have questions about the Re$ubmitIt® electronic check recovery service, please email them at email@example.com