To ensure our long-term survival as a highly successful independent community bank by consistently exceeding customer expectations, cultivating effective employees, delivering superior shareholder value and exhibiting social responsibility and good citizenship.
I. Exceeding Customer Expectations
- Make every customer feel significant - Effectively execute on our core service standards.
- Market to a Segment of One - Segment customers and use a variety of methods to continuously identify their needs and priorities, their satisfaction with our ability to meet those needs and their loyalty to First Citizens.
- Identify and reward loyal customers.
II. Cultivate Effective Employees - Great Service comes from Great Employees
Provide employees with the knowledge, skills and motivation to perform consistently well.
- Ensure Integrity at the Top – People don't follow a person they don't trust.
- Create a fun-filled, passionate work environment.
- Consistently hire the best and the brightest.
- Train them well.
- Empower them with the authority to solve customer problems and reward customer loyalty.
- Respect Them.
- Reward Them – Understand what motivates employees, create an environment for them to motivate themselves, and reward desired positive behavior in a timely manner.
III. Deliver Superior Shareholder Value
- Provide a return on equity that consistently exceeds our peers and meets shareholder expectations.
- Operate and manage the bank in a cost efficient manner which contributes to the overall financial performance without sacrificing customer service and satisfaction.
- Identify, assess and monitor all risks of the bank in such a manner that allows us to maximize returns within our accepted risk tolerance levels.
IV. Exhibit Social Responsibility and Good Citizenship
- Answer the Call - Be proactive in contributing knowledge, skills, time and money to organizations within our community who impact its economic and social vitality.
- Encourage Employee Participation - Support and encourage employee involvement in schools, community groups, professional associations and charities.
- Be a leader and role model for other organizations.